The CASEE Board and the Warsaw University of Life Sciences
have the pleasure of inviting you to the
8th CASEE Conference
"Sustainable development in Europe – cooperation between science and practice -
What’s the position of Central and South Eastern Europe?"
14-16 May, 2017
Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland
According to World Bank, “sustainable development is a development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”. Its goals offer a vision of a fairer, more prosperous, peaceful and sustainable world in which no one is left behind.
Sustainable, multi-functional rural development is one of the main objectives of the European Union. This includes, among others, the use of renewable energy and agriculture, that is not degrading nature, but is understood as traditional, organic, with low input. An important element is also to maintain employment in rural areas through creating jobs, and this is only possible with a balanced agricultural model.
Central and South Eastern Europe as an agricultural area needs continuous sustainable rural development, which can be reached by more comprehensive involvement of cooperation between science and practice. However, the relationship between theory and practice has always been a source of conflict across many disciplines. Scientists and practitioners work in different cultures and are guided by different goals, priorities and philosophies. The timeframe for scientific research is guided by concerns for uncovering new ideas, whereas design, development, and practice are driven by immediate needs for practical solutions. Building the connection between academics and practitioners is not an easy task, but this is a necessary condition to achieve rural development and create modern agriculture.
1. Modern agriculture and rural development
- Innovations in agriculture
- Implementing new technologies in agriculture
- Principles of sustainable development in economic activity of enterprises
- Knowledge transfer in agribusiness
2. Renewable resources – possibilities and constraints
- Renewable sources of energy
- Waste resource management
- Energy policy in Europe
3. Sustainable food systems and quality
- Food safety and security
- Food innovation and processing
- Food science and nutrition
4. Environmental safety and climate change
- Influence of climate change on agriculture
- Impact of agribusiness on environment and society
- Principles of environmental protection in economic activity of enterprises
- Households daily practice linked to the principles of environmental protection
5. Agricultural engineering (ATAE)
We are looking forward to seeing you in Warsaw